Frequently asked questions (FAQs).


Q.1 How do I register the share certificates in my name and how long will it take?

A. You will have to send the share certificates and the Share Transfer Deed in the prescribed Form SH-4 (available with Stock Exchange/Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and affixed with share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed.

Please note that copies of self-attested PAN cards of all the transferees are mandatory for registration of transfers.

The shares, along with the Share Transfer Deed and copies of self-attested PAN cards will have to be sent to the Company at the following address:

The Indian Hotels Company Limited
Investor Relations, 2nd floor
Mandlik House, Mandlik Road
Mumbai 400001

Phone Number: +91 022 66395515

It takes 15 days to process the transfer. Once the shares are registered in your name, you will receive the original share certificates duly endorsed/transferred.

It is advisable to get your shares dematerialized through your Depository Participant. Please refer to Point II on dematerialization of shares for more details.

Q.2 How do I register gifted shares? Does this involve stamp duty?

A. The procedure for registering gifted shares is the same as the procedure for a normal transfer. Stamp duty is also applicable on gifted shares and the duty is at 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed. However, in case of shares held in dematerialized form, no Stamp Duty is required to be paid.

Q.3 What is the stamp duty on shares transfer? Where do I get these stamps?

A. The stamp duty applicable on share transfer is at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed.

You can get the Transfer Deed franked with the requisite stamp duty by any bank where franking services are available.

Q.4 How do I ensure that the Transfer Deed is complete before sending it to the Company?

A. Ensure that the requisite details such as folio number, certificate number, distinctive number, name of the holder(s), name, address of witnesses are filled in and the Transfer Deed is signed by the transferor(s) (signatures of all holders in case of joint holding) and the witness.

Please note that attestation of transferor’s signature by a Manager of a nationalized bank where the transferor holds a savings account will minimize the chances of rejection of transfer request on account of signature mismatch.

Get the Transfer Deed franked with the requisite stamp duty at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed by any bank and fill in all the columns of the transfer deed, sign as transferee at appropriate places.

Q.5 How do I add another person as a joint-holder to my shareholding. What is the procedure that I should follow?

A. To add a joint-holder name to your shareholding, please execute a stamped transfer deed and submit the same to the Investor Service Counter for transfer. Please note that such additions amount to a change in ownership of shares and the transfer procedure explained above has to be followed.

Q.6 I have purchased IHCL shares long back but forgot to get them transferred in my favour. What is the procedure that I should follow now?

A. A transfer deed (SH-4, Securities Transfer Form) is valid for a period of sixty days from the date of execution of the deed. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificates to the Company for transfer in your favour.

If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired, please approach the registered holder/seller whose signature appears on the transfer deed as Transferor to execute fresh transfer deeds. Thereafter, you may submit the fresh transfer deed to the Investor Service Counter for transfer.s

Q.7 What is the procedure for transfer of shares in favour of transferee(s)?

A.The transferee is required to send the following documents to the Company for getting the shares transferred in his name:

  • Duly executed share transfer deed in prescribed e-form SH-4.
  • Original share certificate(s).
  • PAN card of both, seller (transferor) and buyer (transferee) - self attested

Q.8 Is submission of Permanent Account Number (PAN) mandatory for transfer of shares in physical form?

A. As per the provisions of SEBI (Listing Regulation) 2015, for registration of transfer of securities, copies of the PAN card of both transferee(s) and transferor(s) are required to be submitted for transfer of shares in physical form.

Q.9 What is the Procedure for splitting of a share certificate into share certificates representing small number of shares?

A.Shareholder may write to the Company enclosing the relevant share certificate for splitting into smaller lots. The share certificates, after splitting, will be sent by the Company to the shareholders at the shareholder’s address registered with it.

Q.10 How can I get the various share certificates consolidated into a single certificate?

A.Shareholders having share certificates in various denominations under the same folios are required to send all the certificates to the Company for consolidation into a single certificate. In case the shares are not held in more than one folio but all the folios are in the same order of names, you need to write to Company seeking consolidation of folios.